Friday 17 August 2007

Their Just Deserts

I really do feel for the people who have invested in the share market only to see it bounce around as it is at the moment and I am sorry that some of them are losing money they might have made if they had sold a little earlier.

But I have the this sneaking suspicion that well deserved retribution is being visited upon the hedge funds and those greedy sub-prime lenders. I know that trading in money is something that provides a lot of good for some people but I can't help seeing it as being as unproductive as any other form of gambling. Much fun for some of course but still unproductive. They don't actually make anything of any value to anyone.

The pity is that people who have invested in productive investments for quite proper purposes are being caught up in the correction/melt down/minor glitch etc.

2 comments:

Nabla said...

Yeah, like me, who forgot that he had CBA shares given when he worked there, then realised that he could sell them to put towards a house deposit, only to see the price drop...

Anonymous said...

Nabla, they're rising again aren't they? Amazing what a difference a week makes.