Friday 19 October 2007

Quietly sitting at the lights ...

... in the ute the other day waiting for the traffic to take off from the Berrimah lights up the Highway (there is only one). I was heading for Berrimah so was side on to the traffic.

Nothing special about the line up - bike, couple of cars and a truck or two.

Lights change and, with a high pitched whirrrr, definitely not a roar, the bike took off. It was through the lights before anyone else had left the grid. No wheelspin, no dramatics, just mega acceleration.

And it was a woman - I think. Leathers and helmet made it difficult to tell but the flat, girlie type shoes were a give away.

I cheered and clapped. Looked left and right and the people on either side of me were doing the same. All joined in the appreciation of a great demonstration of power.

I know, I know. She probably broke the law, she wasn't being fuel efficient and she could possibly have caused an accident if someone had pulled around the corner expecting her to be slower.

But it was still great to see.

Maybe I am heading back to my second childhood and have hit the adolescent bit?

1 comment:

Nabla said...

Tha's okay. I think i've hit my second adolescence only a very short time after finishing my first one.
When you move down here we can all go touring about on the weekends.
And keep october free next year - I think you'd like camping at the Island.